Friday, August 1, 2014

July Wrap Up

This is bad.
I only read four books in July...
I usually read more...
But hey, at least I read!

Note: I promise to never ever spoil a book. I write summaries in my own words based on what is written on the back, so as not to spoil any of you.

So, here are the books I read for July 2014 with a short summary and a rating:





Sweethearts by Sara Zarr.

Contemporary. This book is about Jennifer Harris, who reinvents herself as Jenna Vaugh, it-girl, after Cameron Quick, her childhood best friend, dies...or so she thinks.


3/5 stars.










Mystic City by Theo Lawrence.

Dystopian. This book tells the story of Aria Rose, who, after waking up in a hospital, finds herself engaged to Thomas Foster and not remembering a second of their apparent relationship before her incident. The marriage between these Aria and Thomas would settle the political feud between the Roses and the Fosters. But then there's Hunter: mysterious, gorgeous...and a Mystic. An illegal Mystic - hated by everyone not living in the Depths, including both Aria and Thomas' families.

5/5 stars.



Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout.

Paranormal Romance. 
This book is the third installment in the Lux series.
I'm not going to summarize this book, because of spoilers, but I will tell you this:

This series is about Katy Swartz, who moves to a small town with her mother after he dad passes away, in hopes of a fresh start and a normal life. But a normal life is the exact opposite of what Katy gets when she finds out her neighbors are aliens. There's Dee: cute, innocent, fashionable. But then there's Damien: the most frustrating and gorgeous mystery she will ever have to solve.

5/5 stars.





On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a ... 
by Louise Rennison

Sorry, folks. Blurred out the last two words there.

Anyway, here is one of many covers for the second book in the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series.

Contemporary. Again, I can't spoil this one, but this series is about a adolescent named Georgia Nicholson, who's a bit quirky and extremely funny. These books are her diary, and she writes about her experiences day-to-day, including incidents with her cat, Angus, and a dreamy older boy named Robbie, who plays in a band. (Swoon!)

4.5/5 stars.

Question of the day:
Have you read any of these books? Did you like them?

Keep reading,
Shaily

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these books but I'd really like to pick up Mystic City!!

    ReplyDelete